Our A Brush with Kindness repair schedule is currently full. Please check back soon for information on our next repair application window.
Thank you for your interest in Habitat for Humanity of Madison and Clark Counties’ A Brush with Kindness program. Through this program, we partner with qualifying homeowners to keep the exterior of their homes safe and well-maintained. We assist these families with exterior repairs, yard clean-up, exterior painting, and light landscaping.
A Brush with Kindness isn’t designed for indoor or critical repairs or for work that is time sensitive.
Taking part in A Brush with Kindness is easy, but there are important details to keep in mind and steps that you must take.
- Be a Madison or Clark County Homeowner.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Be unable to perform the repairs themselves or to pay someone to do the repairs for them.
- Be willing to partner with Habitat for Humanity of Madison and Clark Counties to contribute Sweat Equity hours.
- Home must be the primary residence of applicant(s), and applicant(s) must have lived in the home for a minimum of one year prior to applying, and plan on living in the home for a minimum of three years after work is completed.
- Be current on their mortgage payments
- Have homeowners insurance with liability coverage (proof of insurance required)
- Have a total household income below the levels listed in this chart.
Applying for A Brush with Kindness
If you feel you meet the criteria above, please fill out the application below.
Along with your online application, we will need your insurance binder from your homeowner insurance carrier before our volunteers can come to your home to make an assessment. Please tell your insurance carrier to send the binder with proof of homeowner insurance to email@example.com.
Once you have submitted your application and insurance documentation, we will review your application to ensure all ABWK criteria are met.
If your application meets the ABWK criteria, our volunteers will come to your home to meet with you and assess the repairs you have requested. An adult 18 years or older must be home at the time of the assessment.
While at your home our volunteer will gather information to help us determine which repairs we will be able to complete.
Approved work on your home will begin as volunteers and funding are available. Before we begin your repair, we will send you a scope of work and a homeowner agreement to let you know what to expect regarding your repair.