Join Our Team
Position: Manager of Volunteer Services
Purpose: Habitat for Humanity of Madison and Clark Counties is looking for an outgoing and organized volunteer coordinator with strong communication skills. In this key position you will make it possible for members of the community to take an active role in empowering low-income families to build strength and stability through homeownership.
You will be a vital member of our team, seeking volunteers to help us carry out our mission, matching them with meaningful and appropriate opportunities to serve, showing appreciation for sharing their time and talents, and reporting the impact of their service.
You will use your strong organizational skills to coordinate this multifaceted position. And you will not be alone in your efforts! You will be part of a small (but mighty) collaborative team whose members are passionate about Habitat’s vision of “a world where everyone has a decent place to live.”
Time Commitment: This full time, exempt position includes some evenings and weekends.
Location: This position will include activity within our service area of Madison and Clark counties in Kentucky. Our affiliate office and base of operation is in Richmond, KY (Madison County).
A successful candidate must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to commute within our service area.
Direct Supervisor: Executive Director
- A teachable spirit committed to lifelong learning
- Experience building and leading a team of with a diverse range of people
- 2 years job experience in a relatable field
- Ability to work cooperatively in a collaborative team environment
- Self starter with the the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented and organized with the ability to prioritize workload
- Flexibility and creativity to change course when unforeseen circumstances arise
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable speaking in front of large groups
- Proficient with technology and have a willingness and ability to quickly learn new software platforms used for (but not limited to) volunteer management, project management, document and spreadsheet creation and retention, calendar management, graphics and video creation, and mass email communications
- Experience with or willingness to learn social media platforms
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to the ongoing use of a personal vehicle for outreach and volunteer events across our two-county service area (Madison and Clark Counties, Kentucky)
Must pass a criminal background check
- Develop and implement a comprehensive plan to encourage members of the community to volunteer for Habitat to make a difference in the lives of families struggling with home insecurity.
- Share with churches, civic organizations, businesses, and community groups ways they can serve families in need of affordable housing by volunteering with Habitat for Humanity of Madison and Clark Counties.
- Seek out and participate in job fairs, outdoor festivals, expos, etc to promote Habitat’s mission and share volunteer opportunities
- Prepare volunteer job descriptions
- Interview potential volunteers to discover interests and skills sets
- Place volunteers in volunteer positions that are meaningful to the volunteer and beneficial to HFHMCC
- Clearly communicate expectations, instructions, registrations, liabilities, and skills or materials required
- Work with leaders of clubs, civic groups, churches, businesses, etc. to coordinate group volunteer experiences
- Collaborate with other members of the Habitat team to ensure volunteer coverage for construction and non-construction volunteer needs including our two ReStore locations.
- Meet and greet volunteers at the job sites and events
- Maintain a volunteer database to keep records of volunteers’ activities, hours, interactions, etc.
- Work with partner families to provide them with opportunities to earn sweat equity hours
- Submit quarterly volunteer reports to the Executive Director
- Reestablish the affiliate’s Collegiate Challenge program and partnership with AmeriCorps construction teams.
- Keep volunteers informed of impact and opportunities via a weekly volunteer e-newsletter
- Take pictures and videos of volunteer activities on and off the build site
- Contribute to affiliate newsletter, sharing volunteer related stories and pictures
- Create posts on social media highlighting volunteer efforts in both construction and non-construction activities
- Create fliers and graphics related to volunteer coordination
- Develop and implement a plan for volunteer recognition and engagement activities
- Maintain relationships and connections with regular volunteers, leaders of volunteer groups, and partner family volunteers.
- Regularly report to volunteers the impact their service has on local families
- Arrange refreshments and meals for volunteers on job sites
- Monitor volunteer satisfaction
- Collaborate with the Habitat team to plan and implement groundbreaking ceremonies, home dedication events, and other events that engage the community to raise awareness and funds.
Compliance and Risk Management
- Ensure the volunteer program is in compliance with HFHI policies
- Mitigate potential risks associated with volunteers and their activities.
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements and regulations related to volunteer engagement.
Perform other appropriate duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Salary: $45,000 to $50,000 commensurate with experience
Benefits: Health insurance, Paid time off